What's Up Wednesday [09/30/15]

This week I thought I would try something new and link up with some fun bloggers for a monthly Q&A post that they do! Seriously these ladies are the most fun bloggers. I know I'm not a family blogger (god willing, someday I could be though!) but I thought this would be a fun post to do anyway. :)

Okay guys, I hope you're ready for this one. I'm excited!


The last Wednesday of every month they do this post and answer these standard questions and then they throw in a bonus question that has to do with the upcoming month (an event or something fun!).


So there's the list of fun questions. This month's bonus question is: what's your favourite Halloween tradition? I'm going to stop talking about my obsession with this link up and just answer the questions now. :)

What we're eating this week:
Lately I've been eating so unhealthy. Like extremely unhealthy. Okay, maybe I'm not eating a Big Mac 2 times a day and chicken wings for supper every night but I'm not eating as healthy as I'd like to. I need to get back on it. I have been loving the gluten free english muffins and sesame bagels from the brand Glutino, and I have been loving Larabars for a quick snack! Other than that it's been pretty basic, boring meals trying to get back on track. I have been eating a few too many seasonal cookies from Starbucks. They're so soft and cute, I cannot resist!

What I'm reminiscing about:

Summer. I was so carefree in the summer. I had a job working a youth summer camp 8-4 Monday through Friday and other than that I had no other responsibilities other than to get a tan and enjoy the beach as often as I could! Fall is a fun season and I love it, but I don't like the responsibilities that comes along with it. 



What I'm loving:
So many great fall things! Even though it still feels a little bit like summer around here, with the humidity and rainfall warning (ugh, hurricane!?) that we have coming, I'm still embracing fall and all the fun and cosy things that come with it.

Starbucks fall menu. 


Dark and nude lipsticks (not together, obv).


My Converse! Especially my burgundy pair.


What we've been up to:
School work. Boo. And working at the rec centre. Recently we started up a new youth volunteering program and my dance programs started up again this week. I just recently choreographed a sweet little hiphop dance to this song.


Such a classic girl power song.

What I'm dreading:
Papers on papers, ugh. School is so easy for the first month and then it seems like the next 2.5 months are hitting one deadline with the next creeping up a day later! Also this...


What kind of fall weather is this!?

I also have to make 2 doctors appointments, and I need an eye appointment (I need new glasses, boo). I also need a haircut and a massage appointment - I'm not dreading this but I have making phone calls to book appointments!

What I'm working on:
Working on some fun blog posts! I am loving my little corner of the internet and I am so excited about more fun things to come! I'm also working on my english courses at school. Listen, I was so excited to graduate last May and I totally had no intent on going back to school this year (or ever) but then things changed and I realized that my degree (criminology) wasn't the field that I wanted to work in for the rest of my life, so I applied to go back to school, get 4 english courses and then go on to get my Bachelor of Education. I thought of all this on the long 12 hour drive home from Boston, which was exactly 5 days before school started. See, I had no intent on going back to school this year. So anyway, I'm currently in 2 english courses and let me tell you, I'd take 6 courses in criminology any day, over 2 in english. There is so. much. freakin. reading. And notes. And essays. Oh my. So yes, this is what I'm working on. If you need me I'll be reading a Shakespeare play or a detective fiction book, or writing an essay.


What I'm excited about:
Apple picking this weekend!


What I'm watching/reading:
Well like I said, pretty much all that I will be reading for the next 2.5 months is either a Shakespeare play or a detective crime book... I sure wish I was reading a book by Ellen Hopkins though!

But here's the fun part. What I'm watching. Oh fall, I love you for so many reasons but the main reason is the fall tv schedule. There are so many good shows that have started or are starting! I am such a tv junkie it's actually embarrassing. I am so excited for the Chicago PD premiere tonight. Keeping Up With The Kardashians started 2 Sundays ago. I need to get caught up on How To Get Away With Murder. I can't wait to start Blind Spot. The CSI season premiere and series finale aired on Sunday night. It was 2 hours of pure genius. It was the absolute best ending to a series ever. I have loved this show for years and years and I've never been happy with how a series ended, except this one. Bravo, CSI. Criminal Minds starts up soon. Big Bang Theory is on. The final season of Drugs Inc starts tonight. And the OJ Simpson special is on A&E this Thursday. I'm sure there's more shows that I have forgotten...

You know what I'm not watching? The Red Sox in the playoffs. Boo. I so wish that this would be on my tv every night. 2016 sounds like a good year. :)


What I'm listening to:
Listen I'm loving Apple Music. I totally didn't get it at first. I'm a huge advocate of buying my music and always buy my music through iTunes. I'm so happy I decided to give Apple Music a try because you can get any song you want and it's not through illegal downloads. Carrie Underwood's Smoke Break (can't wait for this album!), The Weeknd, I Was Made For Loving You, Downtown are at the top of my Apple Music playlist... so many goodies out right now. 

What I'm wearing:
I am loving my black jeggings from Hollister. Flannels and jean jackets are at the top of my must-have fashion list lately. Baggy white t-shirts are also something I'm wearing often lately. I'm on the hunt for a good black leather jacket and I really want to give faux fur vests a go too! For footwear I've been living in my Sam Edelman flats and Converse. I can't wait to break out my boots though!

Dynamite has the cutest fall clothes too! I am loving everything from this brand! Check it out:  http://www.dynamiteclothing.com/ca/cat/NEW-ARRIVALS

What I'm doing this weekend:
Apple picking and going to the pumpkin patch.


What I'm looking forward to next month:
Thanksgiving and fall break at school. It is definitely needed. Oh, and cooler weather and crisp nights.

What else is new:
Not much at all and that's how I like it!

What's your favourite Halloween tradition:
When my brother and I were little, we always trick-or-treated with our friends separately, but we would meet up at the end of the night and my parents would drive us over to my grandparents house. My grandparents always had lots of treats for us -  our favourite chocolate bars, Kraft Dinner and ketchup chips were always in a bag for us, as well as random mixed treats and baked goods. Even though we are too old to trick-or-treat, my grandpa still has treats for us and I love this little tradition!

Happy Wednesday & Happy Almost October! Yay. :)


1 comments:

  1. Listen, I think we totally don't know what we want to do with our lives until we are almost all the way done with college, so I FEEL YOU!! I'm finishing my Master's right now and I have my first job and I just know it's not my forever job! I want some dark lipstick. Those colors are so pretty! Have fun apple picking! That is a fall activity I have never done but would love to do!

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

ABOUT ME

Julieann Elizabeth. 20-something who likes fashion, photography and makeup. Fuelled by skinny vanilla lattés and driven by wanderlust. I'm just a girl trying to find her place in this world. We should be friends.