Throwback Thursday [High School]

I loved high school. I know that high school is really one of those "love it" or "hate it" times, there's not really an in between. For me, it was 100% love it. I had the best group of friends and we were constantly around each other and that made us close. I was always busy doing stuff, whether it was going to a football game, hanging out with friends, going to the mall, a party or a school dance. And i worked, a lot. Working wasn't really working though, because I got to work at the same restaurant as four of my best friends and there was another group of three best friends that worked there, so we all became one huge group of friends. We had parties, we laughed nonstop at work and we had each other's backs. I also met some new people through school who are now a huge part of my life and I couldn't be more grateful. I'm not saying I didn't go through ups and downs in high school. I lost friends, I made some enemies, I didn't always have the best luck with guys, my grandparents both had cancer at the same time and we had to sell our cottage, I had the swine flu and a few months later I had bronchitis, there was one year where three teachers from my school died and it was really tough to experience. Even through the hard times, I always found myself being grateful and positive. I get so sad when people say they hated high school. It's honestly the last three (or four in some places) years of your life that you're "free". I'm so thankful for my high school experience and I often find myself missing it.







































I hope you enjoyed this little throwback Thursday post. I'm enjoying writing these posts a lot, as it's a fun walk down memory lane!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

ABOUT ME

Julieann Elizabeth. 20-something who likes fashion, photography and makeup. Fuelled by skinny vanilla lattés and driven by wanderlust. I'm just a girl trying to find her place in this world. We should be friends.