Monthly Goals [October 2015]

Oh yes. October is here people and that officially means that it is okay to be excited for the holiday season, right?


I am so looking forward to this month. I love the beginning of each month because I feel as though you get a fresh start and can get back on track. Near the end of every month, I tend to start slacking off and relaxing too much. When a new month rolls around, I feel my motivation immediately go back up. Does anyone else experience this? This month I plan on focusing on me. It may sound selfish but I think you'll see I don't mean it in a selfish way at all. I need to get back on track and finish 2015 strong!

Anyway, for the month of October, I have big plans and lots of goals and I am feeling so motivated to succeed at each!


1. Be healthy. I know this seems like a vague goal, and also a large one, but I really do find it to be an easy goal to attain. I just slack off a lot. This goal to me includes things like exercising, going for runs, doing the yoga that I keep planning on doing (but never actually attending), eating healthy (and gluten free. Listen people, I am a firm believer in gluten free is the way to be. I have a pretty intense sensitivity to gluten, so I don't eat it often but I can handle it in small doses. But I don't want to. I need to cut it out because I know I feel so much better), and finally sleeping more. I need to get in a routine and stick to it. And I also need to take my dang vitamins.

2. Drink water. I don't have this included under my health goal, even though it definitely is related to health. I have this separate because I want to see it every time I look at my list and do it. I am pretty good at drinking water, but again, when I'm off my routine I don't drink enough water (as with exercising and eating well).

3. Spend less time on my phone. Social media is addicting and it is so nice to be able to be in constant contact with friends and family, but it is also driving me crazy. I want to spend at least 30-45 minutes each night before bed, not on my phone or computer. I could spend this time reading a book or doing that yoga I keep meaning to do. I need a social media detox program stat. Seriously people.

4. Enjoy the outdoors. I am only taking 2 classes this semester and I'm only working 3 days a week, and 3 nights, oh and a day on the weekend... so basically every day except Saturday (ha!). I still seem to have tons of free time and I keep spending it blogging, binge-watching tv shows or napping. I mean, come on. I was actually so lazy for the last 2 weeks of September, it's been embarrassing. I plan on changing that in October! I love this month and all fall has to offer.


5. Make appointments. I have a ton of appointments that I need to make. I'm finally back on my mom's health insurance (praise being a student once again!) so I can make the 2 doctors appointments that I need, and that eye appointment to get new glasses so that I can see again! Oh, and that massage, to finally get rid of this massive knot in my neck that's giving me muscle spasms. I also need a hair appointment!

6. Do something for me. I don't know what this is going to end up being, but I'm thinking maybe a facial, a mani/pedi, getting my favourite Starbucks drink and going for a walk (without my phone and social media as a distraction!) or even just an at-home spa night. I'm not sure what my "thing" for me will end up being. Maybe I'll do a few things. I'll be sure to keep you posted though!

7. Focus on my skin. I have always had such clear skin. I mean throughout junior high and high school I had like 4 pimples max. Recently my face has been breaking out and I can get it calmed down and then I get lazy with my skincare routine and then the cycle repeats itself. This month I am going to focus on it and keep doing what I know works, and not get lazy about it! 

Those are my goals for October! Basically what I'm getting from my goals as a whole is that I need to stop being lazy, take care of myself and stick to a routine (ha!). I hope you all have a fabulous and productive month of October. Don't forget to focus on you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

ABOUT ME

Julieann Elizabeth. 20-something who likes fashion, photography and makeup. Fuelled by skinny vanilla lattés and driven by wanderlust. I'm just a girl trying to find her place in this world. We should be friends.